ASM is committed to the Great Commission given by our Lord, “to go and make disciples of all nations” (Matthew 28:18-20). Our Core Values are based on biblical principles, and guide all that we do in joyfully glorifying God and obeying His commands.
Prayer– Prayer acknowledges our complete dependence on God, strengthens our relationship with Him, and connects us to His plan and purpose. (Matthew 6:9-13; Romans 12:12; Colossians 4:2; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
The Great Commission and the Centrality of the Gospel- The Great Commission compels us to share Jesus in Word and Deed with all who need to hear. (Matthew 18:18-20; Romans 1:16; Colossians 3:17)
God’s Word– We believe that every person has the right, and the need, to hear God’s Word in their own heart language. (John 1:1; Psalm 119; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12)
Stewardship– Empowered by the Holy Spirit, we seek to serve the Lord with humility and compassion, demonstrating integrity and excellence that honors Him. (Romans 12:3-8; 1 Peter 4:10; 2 Corinthians 9:6-7; Colossians 3:23; John 17:21)
Statement of Faith
- In one God, in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That all humanity has sinned and thus is separated from God.
- The Bible to be God’s only written and imperative message to man, verbally inspired by God, and without error in the original writings.
- In Jesus Christ, who though God Himself, entered into human flesh, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, and was born of the virgin Mary.
- That Jesus Christ, the only Mediator between God and each human being, died for our sins, the sinless for the sinful.
- That Christ arose bodily from the dead, conquering the power of death.
- That all who place their faith in Him as Savior are accounted to be upright before God and are born into His spiritual family by His act of grace and mercy.
- That Christ ascended into heaven where He is our High Priest and speaks in our defense before God.
- That the Holy Spirit lives in each believer and desires to enable each one to live a life of victory over sin and of service to Christ.
- That good works are the fruit resulting from, but not counting toward, spiritual rebirth and salvation and are indicative of true repentance and faith.
- In the personal return of Jesus Christ at any moment.
- In the bodily resurrection of believers to eternal life in God’s presence and unbelievers to everlasting punishment and separation from God.
- In the command of God through Christ to every Christian that His Gospel must be made known to every living person by every effective means possible.